Established in 1981, the Shiatsu Society is the UK's leading professional Shiatsu organisation.
We are committed to:
- Expanding awareness of Shiatsu
- Establishing and maintaining the highest professional standards of practice for Shiatsu in the UK
- Overseeing and accrediting Shiatsu education to ensure excellence in training
- Representing the interests of our Shiatsu practitioners
- Funding evidence-based clinical research on Shiatsu
- Participating with Government recognised Regulators in voluntary regulation of Shiatsu in the UK
- Promoting integrated healthcare and contributing to the development of national healthcare policy
The Shiatsu Society holds a Register of Practitioners. All Registered Practitioners have completed an approved level of training, follow our Code of Conduct and Ethics and are fully insured. Please see Training for information on how to train in Shiatsu and to join the Register of Practitioners. Upon fulfilling our requirements for recognition members become Professional Members of the Shiatsu Society (MrSS). SrSS (Senior Member) and FwSS (Fellow) are further categories of Professional Membership. CPD is mandatory for all Professional Members of the Shiatsu Society.